The purpose of this blog is to share my running journey with you:
Part scientific literature (because I am a nerd) and part personal experience (because stories can have a profound influence on people). My name is Annette; I have been running competitively for 11 years, four of those having spent with the Waynesburg University Cross Country and Track team. Post college, I embarked on marathon training which led me to race the Myrtle Beach Marathon and qualify for Boston (2017). I believe that the better educated you are, the better runner you will become; I also believe that there is a holistic approach to health that is crucial for the creation of sustainable well-being. I work with people every day to prevent injury, optimize performance and, teach a well-rounded approach to a healthy lifestyle.
A few things you should know about me:
- I am a California Girl living in Pittsburgh, on purpose. #PittsburghOnPurpose
- I like my coffee black and my Bourbon aged.
- I take a lot of photo’s. (Annette_RunsPgh)
- I will travel anywhere with almost anyone.
- I watch health documentaries for fun.
- I am a no meat athlete (vegetarian).